Alcohol and Drug Policy and Information for the bus hire business:
Perth Party Bus is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment.
Perth Party Bus is committed to placing safe, professional drivers in its vehicles.
Perth Party Bus is committed to having a work environment that is drug and alcohol-free.
Perth Party Bus requires that employees be free from the effects of alcohol while on duty.
Perth Party Bus employees and contractors may be subject to random drug or alcohol testing.
Bus Hire Prohibited Conduct
All Perth Party Bus staff who are performing safety-sensitive functions in this bus hire business must comply with the following:
- No bus hire driver shall be on duty while having an alcohol concentration greater than 0.01.
- No driver or bus hire employee shall perform safety-sensitive functions within eight hours of drinking alcohol or taking prohibited drugs.
- No driver or employee shall possess alcohol or bring alcohol on to the bus hire workplace.
- No driver or bus hire employee shall use alcohol while performing safety-sensitive functions.
- Bus hire employees must at all times comply with relevant laws.
This bus hire business, Perth Party Bus, requires a driver to inform the Perth Bus of any therapeutic drug use.
If Perth Party Bus determines that a Perth Party Bus employee is impaired by alcohol or drug use, Perth Party Bus will direct that staff member to cease work immediately. Where a Perth Party Bus staff member has been encouraged to seek assistance for an alcohol or other drug problem but fails to do so and his or her actions impact of the safety or enjoyment of other Perth Party Bus staff or clients, disciplinary action or other Perth Bus procedures may be instituted.
Perth Party Bus staff members who are taking prescription or over-the-counter drugs that have specific warnings on use (i.e. that impact upon the bus hire workplace) should bring the matter to the attention of their Perth Party Bus supervisor prior to commencing work. Staff in charge of Perth Bus vehicles and machinery, handling hazardous substances or undertaking hazardous activities must not be under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs and must at all times comply with relevant laws.